Network Technician / Engineer
As a member of the R&D team, you will be challenged with designing, configuring, commissioning, and systematically trouble shooting Ethernet/IP networks for the cutting edge of high technology broadcast networks and video processing equipment.
- Engage in design, documentation, deployment planning on the build out of both small and large scale IP Networks supporting broadcast infrastructures
- Customer facing commissioning and performance trouble shooting of networks
- Utilize tools such as Wireshark, Python, sFlow, tcpdump etc
By succeeding in this position you will develop:
- Expert knowledge of IP Networking Protocols (IGMPv2/v3, RIP, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP)
- Expert knowledge in UNIX/Linux system administration
- Expert knowledge of Internet network technologies (DNS, Firewall, SSH, HTTP)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong control and follow-up skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Gain practical hands-on experience designing, deploying, configuring, supporting, trouble shooting, debugging and administering the following network protocols and technologies: ACL, ARP, BGP (RFC 4271), DHCP, 1G/10G Ethernet (IEEE 802.3ab & IEEE 802.3ae), Flow Control, ICMP, IGMP, IPv4 & IPv6, LACP, LLDP, MPLS, NAT, Open Flow, OSPF (RFC 2328), PIM, QOS, RIP, Sflow, SNMP, STP/RSTP/MST (IEEE 802.1d), VARP/VRRP, VLAN (IEEE 802.1q), VRF
- Positive outlook and high energy
- Education in computer networking or related recent practical experience
- Strong experience and comfort level with Linux/Unix
- Experience in Network trouble shooting experience
- Experience in SAN, CIFS, NFS technologies
- Knowledge of Internet protocol engineering (IPE); Ethernet/IP Stack; IPv4, IPv6, Packet Analysis
Location: Burlington, ON
Please quote the position you are applying for in your subject line.
Those with less than 5 years experience, please submit an
unofficial copy of your transcripts with your resume.
Thank you for considering a career with Evertz!
or Fax - (905) 335-7519