Field Service Engineer - NY/NJ
- Respond and provide technical direction to customers regarding operational issues, firmware upgrades and general maintenance
- Assess the customer’s product application, troubleshoot and diagnosis issues through research and/or re-creation to determine the root cause
- Recommend solutions utilizing various levels of technical language appropriate to the customer in a timely, clear and professional manner
- Maintain a communication link between customer service and other departments by partnering to resolve customer issues and communicating customer feedback to aid in design changes including customer “feature requests” to product managers
- Support the development of product communications by generating or authoring customer guides and provide the technical writing group with information including Pinouts, FAQ, Application notes, Best Practices and customer product or system configuration and product integration with other manufacturer’s products
- Install product(s) or systems at customer sites and delivering training to customers in-house or abroad
- Electrical, Electronic, or Computer Electronic Technician Diploma required
- Direct experience with Server Hardware, Linux OS and Network setup is an asset
- Similar experience will be considered an asset
- Unparalleled desire to help the customer and deliver service excellence
- Passion for technology and learning new software and hardware products
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self driven with a desire to add value to an energetic team
- Problem-solving ability and able to react to changing situations
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Must be eligible for international travel and be able to work alone with little or no supervision
- 1-2 years experience working with broadcast/post-production products would be an asset
Location: New York and New Jersey
Those with less than 5 years experience, please submit an
unofficial copy of your transcripts with your resume.
Evertz makes certain there is an equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with AODA, Evertz will strive to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources upon scheduling your interview.
Thank you for considering a career with Evertz!