Sr. Compression Engineer
Will be working with our cutting edge technologies for the broadcast and multimedia industry, providing real technical solutions. Developing Evertz’ Video Compression product line with a primary focus on improving video quality.
- Design and Implement embedded highly optimized real time video encoders on a wide range of architectures and for wide range of applications.
- Objectively and subjectively assess video encoders performance and provide feedback to optimize projects.
- Being an expert in video quality, spot compressed video visual deficiencies and come up with remedies to fix and correct at system as well as algorithm level.
- Continuously drive research to improve the video quality of our encoders: Propose solutions and new ideas; develop models; proof of concept; implement and review implementation.
- Adapt video compression algorithms for different platforms and different applications
- Work with management and development team on improving product line and on product road-mapping.
- Coordinate product development across different development teams, provide consultancy for video related issues and debug and fix customer reported problems
- Masters education in Electronics or equivalent
- Must have 8-10 years of experience in algorithm development in area of video compression
- Working experience with H.264, HEVC and Mpeg2 on a variety of platforms. Must have deep understanding of video compression standards as well as the broadcast industry requirements.
- Proven skills in implementing technologies to improve video quality impairment.
- Must have Direct hands on experience using SIMD platforms: Understand the requirements of embedded parallel processing and ensure data reusability.
- Must have strong software and embedded programming skills.
- Working experience at consumer level with mathematical or technical background
Terms of Employment: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $90,000 to $115,000 (negotiated based on experience)
Benefits: Health, Vision, Dental, RRSP
Location: Burlington, ON
Please send your resume to Nadiera Toolsieram, quoting “Sr. Compression Engineer”.
Fax: (905) 335-7519
Tel: (905) 335-3700
Address: 5292 John Lucas Drive, Burlington, ON L7L 5Z7
Please quote the position you are applying for in your subject line.
Those with less than 5 years experience, please submit an
unofficial copy of your transcripts with your resume.
Thank you for considering a career with Evertz!
or Fax - (905) 335-7519