DevOps and Cloud Engineer
- Evangelise deployment best practices across internal product teams
- Create and maintain best practice and deployment process resources, for internal product groups, and customer technical teams
- Assist in the extension and development of best practice processes for deployment into the cloud
- Provide guidance and consultation to internal product groups
- Participate in the Scrum process as a member of a team
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of recent industry developments, trends and best practices
- An active interest in new and upcoming software engineering technologies and practices.
- Strong ability to explain technical ideas and concepts.
- Extensive understanding of best practices and IT operations.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Strong verbal communication skills, comfortable presenting to both internal and customer teams.
- Familiarity with the Git version control system.
- Understanding of Cloud technologies, in particular AWS Services and tools (Cloud Formation, EC2, S3, Glacier, VPC, AWS CLI, Boto3 etc.)
- Understanding of High Availability, Scalable and Distributed Systems concepts.
- Understanding of fundamental databases concepts for both relational and 'NoSQL' type persistence stores.
- Familiarity with the use of Linux/Unix operating systems.
Location: Burlington, ON
Those with less than 5 years experience, please submit an
unofficial copy of your transcripts with your resume.
Evertz makes certain there is an equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with AODA, Evertz will strive to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources upon scheduling your interview.
Thank you for considering a career with Evertz!