Software Engineer – AV Systems
Opportunity:We are growing our team and looking for an experienced, energetic and passionate embedded Software Engineer to focus on User Experience, User Interface, Device Configuration, AV control and other key strategic initiatives.
- Work with Sr. Information Architect to implement and evolve defined UI and UX
- Implement and evolve start-up device discovery, provisioning and configuration through use of DHCP, LLDP, mDNS, FTP, TFTP, HTTP/HTTPS
- Collaborate with hardware and low level software development teams to maximally leverage existing APIs and enhance user experience
- Resolve field issues and interface with Technical Support, Product Verification and Interoperability teams to expedite closure
- Work closely with Product Verification and Interoperability teams to address test failures and deliver on schedule while upholding and helping to champion product quality
- Degree in Computer, Software or Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 4 years’ experience in C/C++ with at least 2 of those years in embedded Linux
- Strong understanding and practical experience with object oriented design and programming techniques
- Experience with embedded web servers, HTML, HTML5, CSS and web services
- Experience with Linux device drivers and driver development
- Demonstrated experience in data communication networks and associated protocols and technologies such as TCP, UDP, Multicasting, QoS, HTTP/HTTPS, DNS, DHCP, LLDP, Layer 2 and 3 switching, firewalls, NATs and network security principles
- A clear and concise communicator with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven time management skills and results oriented
- Proven debugging and analytical problem solving skills
- Proficient with network tools such as Wireshark, tcpdump, Colasoft tool suite and equivalent
- Proficiency with Android Studio and Xcode preferred
- Basic hardware experience and schematic proficiency is an asset
Location: Burlington, ON
Those with less than 5 years experience, please submit an
unofficial copy of your transcripts with your resume.
Evertz makes certain there is an equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with AODA, Evertz will strive to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources upon scheduling your interview.
Thank you for considering a career with Evertz!