Mechanical Design Engineer
You will be exposed to all aspects of the development process on a variety of fresh and challenging projects, and carry through of the designs to production.
- Research, plan and design electro-mechanical enclosures using a 3D Parametric Solid Modeling CAD packages such as Solid Edge
- Interact and communicate with engineers to gather all necessary information to develop a final design
- Meet with suppliers to discuss project requirements
- Design fixtures, test jigs, tool and gauges as required, manage, control and document design changes
- Coordinate prototype and production sample builds
- Support of product definition, concept generation, creating part drawings, investigating new packaging technologies, cost estimating, interfacing with suppliers, qualifying parts and assembly along with part and drawing release
- Assist production personnel to interpret drawings and solve manufacturing problems
- Undertake other duties and responsibilities within the Engineering department as required
- Successful candidate must have a College or University Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Comprehensive knowledge of GD&T techniques
- Be results oriented, self-motivated, and a team player
- Skilled in the use of 3D software as Solid Edge and AutoCAD
- Familiar with sheet metal products, machined parts extrusions, welding and wiring techniques and BOM generation
- Experience in Electro-Mechanical packaging techniques (mounting of printed circuit boards, cabling, connectors, switches, etc) would be an asset
Location: Burlington, ON
Please quote the position you are applying for in your subject line.
Those with less than 5 years experience, please submit an
unofficial copy of your transcripts with your resume.
Thank you for considering a career with Evertz!
or Fax - (905) 335-7519