The X-1202H HD twelve input video router provides a convenient, low cost way to route standard and high definition serial digital signals. The X-1202H routers are used for 1.5Gb/s HDTV serial digitial signals. It features redundancy protection by providing optional dual power supply and relay bypass options. When the unit is ordered with the Quad 12x2 AES router option the AES output busses can be used in an "audio follow video" mode, or can be broken away from the video bus. The routers feature redundancy protection by providing dual power supply and bypass relay options.
The router electronics are housed in a 1RU rackmount frame and is controlled from the built-in front panel controls. Each model can also be purchased with an optional rack mounted remote control panel that replaces the built-in control panel. All units can also be controlled by contact closures on the GPI control port or through the RS-232 or RS-422 serial remote control port using industry standard switcher protocols.
- Supports SMPTE ST 292-1 (1.5Gb/s) video signals
- Can be operated in a non-reclock mode to pass SMPTE ST 259 video signals
- Units can be genlocked to an external source so that a "clean switch" can be achieved
- Autotiming of V1 buss inputs to perform a clean video switch when SoftSwitch™ or Embedded SoftSwitch™ option is installed
- Optional SoftSwitch™ technology eliminates hot-switch audio pops on AES outputs following V1 buss
- Optional Embedded SoftSwitch™ technology eliminates hot-switch audio pops on embedded audio on V1 buss
- With Embedded SoftSwitch™ option, SoftSwitch™ is performed on all 4 audio groups
- Switch line is fully controllable from the front panel
- Video input presence detection displayable on the front panel
- Front panel or remote control panel versions available. Second control panel can be ordered for either version
- Parallel GPI and RS-232 serial control
- Programmable source input names available on the front panel
- Optional video and audio input relay bypass for power failure bypass protection
- Optional dual power supplies
Embedded SoftSwitch™ Features (+HES Option)
Routers equipped SoftSwitch™ option have the following additional features. The Video 1 output has adjustable vertical timing with respect to the genlock input, and line synchronizers on the video inputs can accommodate differences in timing up to approximately ±one half line providing clean video switches on the V1 output (for HD Video only) . All the AES outputs will have a continuous AES carrier locked to either the video genlock or DARS reference (when the DARS reference is used, Z bit alignment of the AES outputs is also guaranteed). The AES outputs that follow the Video 1 buss use Evertz patented SoftSwitch™ technology to eliminate audible pops when switches are performed on synchronous audio sources.
The embedded audio on the Video 1 buss uses Evertz patented SoftSwitch™ technology to eliminate audible pops when switches are performed (for HD Video only). Embedded SoftSwitch™ is performed on all 4 audio groups.