The X-1202S SD twelve input routing switcher provides a convenient, low cost way to route standard definition serial digital signals. The X-1202S routers are used for 270, 360, 540Mb/s and DVB-ASI serial digital signals. When the unit is ordered with the Quad 12x2 AES router options the AES output busses can be used in an "audio follow video" mode, or can be broken away from the video buss. It features redundancy protection by providing dual power supply and bypass relay options.
The router electronics are housed in a 1RU rackmount frame and is controlled from the built-in front panel controls. Each model can also be purchased with an optional rack mount remote control panel that replaces the built-in control panel. All units can also be controlled by contact closures on the GPI control port or through the RS-232 or RS-422 serial remote control port using industry standard switcher protocols.
- Supports SMPTE ST 259 (270Mb/s,360Mb/s,540Mb/s) video signals
- Units can be genlocked to an external source so that a "clean switch" can be achieved
- Autotiming of V1 buss inputs to perform a clean video switch when SoftSwitch™ option is installed
- Optional SoftSwitch™ technology eliminates hot-switch audio pops on AES outputs following V1 buss
- Optional SoftSwitch™ technology eliminates hot-switch audio pops on embedded audio on V1 buss
- With SoftSwitch™ option, SoftSwitch™ is performed on all 4 audio groups
- Switch line is fully controllable from the front panel
- Video input presence detection displayable on the front panel
- Front panel or remote control panel versions available. Second control panel can be ordered for either version
- Parallel GPI and RS-232 serial control
- Programmable source input names available on the front panel
- Optional video and audio input relay bypass for power failure bypass protection
- Optional dual power supplies
Embedded SoftSwitch™ Features (+ES Option)
Routers equipped with the SoftSwitch™ option have the following additional features. The Video 1 output has adjustable vertical timing with respect to the genlock input, and line synchronizers on the video inputs can accommodate differences in timing up to approximately ±one half line providing clean video switches on the V1 output. All the AES outputs will have a continuous AES carrier locked to either the video genlock or DARS reference (when the DARS reference is used, Z bit alignment of the AES outputs is also guaranteed). The AES outputs that follow the Video 1 buss use Evertz patent pending SoftSwitch™ technology to eliminate audible pops when switches are performed on synchronous audio sources.
The embedded audio on the Video 1 buss uses Evertz patent pending SoftSwitch™ technology to eliminate audible pops when switches are performed. Embedded SoftSwitch™ is performed on all 4 audio groups.