- Browse content directly from the playlist
- Launch complex multi-language channels in hours
- Full system status always available on multi-channel status dashboard
- Powerful channel templates simplify complex secondary events for promoting channel identity
- Fault tolerance through complete redundancy
- Easy and consistent user interface, reducing training costs
- Easier integration with third party systems
- More flexible use of third party devices
Playtime allows broadcasters, service providers, affiliates and clients to work together to share playout and publishing operations as never before.
Using Playtime, the multi-channel automation option for Mediator, broadcasters and service providers can publish multi-format content far beyond traditional television channels. Playtime is directly integrated with Mediator's multi-language workflow and can report workflow and content status on a simple per channel or service basis. Playtime is fully integrated with Mediator's transfer management and transcode capabilities.
Playtime is built on the Mediator platform and distributed dual X/Y architecture, to ensure robust and flexible operation for any size of system. Playtime controls approved third party playout devices (storage, routers, graphics, servers, subtitle inserters, modular and multi-viewers) using Playtime control platforms (PCPs) for frame accurate serial / API control as required.
The unique Playtime Event Template mechanism efficiently and safely coordinates complex secondary events such as promotions, bugs, credit-squeezes and voiceovers.